The slate of spring season coaches was approved by the Fayette Board of Education at the February meeting Feb. 13.
Paula Stambaugh will serve as head varsity track coach, assisted by Andy VanZile. Ryan Colegrove and Bruce Miller will work together as baseball coaches while Kelsey Spangler and Jenny Bates will lead the softball team.
In other personnel matters, Wendy Adams and Leslie Seiler were approved as substitute bus drivers, pending proper certifications, training and BCI checks
The retirement of Mary Bird was accepted for the of the current school year.
The board accepted six donations for various purposes:
• An anonymous donation of $1,892.50 will be used for special educational services.
• An anonymous donation of $48 will be use to purchase laminating film.
• A donation of $64.97 from the PTO will be used to purchase classroom markers for guidance groups at the elementary school.
• A donation of $500 from John Winzeler will be used for high school activities through the principal’s fund.
• A donation valued at $100 from Carolyn Keys will be used to purchase notebooks, hanging file folders and page protectors for high school staff supplies.
• A donation of $100 from Karen Brown will be used for the Spanish Club Trip to Chicago.
AGREEMENTS—Board members approved a contract with Northwest Ohio Educational Service Center in the amount of $378,744 for the 2012-13 fiscal year.
The board amended the current credit card policy to include purchasing cards/debit cards.
The treasurer was authorized to enter into an agreement with The Huntington National Bank for electronic banking card services and other electronic banking services.
A three-year contract with Frontier Communications was approved for basic monthly telephone services for the district at a cost of $415, effective July 1, 2012
The contract with NwoESC was approved for technology services May 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013. The cost is not to exceed 40 percent of a full time equivalent salary, benefits and administrative fee.
A memorandum of understanding was approved with Defiance College for Fayette to accept education intern and practicum students through Feb. 13, 2013.
APPOINTMENTS—Treasurer Kelly Bentley will serve as representative for newly elected board members to attend the Ohio Public Record Training.
Board trustee David Brinegar to the bargaining team for Ohio Association of Public School Employees negotiations.
CALENDAR—The school calendar for the 2012-13 school year was approved, calling for classes to begin Aug. 22 and ending May 29. A Christmas break is scheduled from Dec. 24 to Jan. 2 and a spring break is planned from March 28 to April 1.
SENIORS—The senior class trip was approved for April 25-27. The students will travel to southern Ohio and also take a white water rafting trip in West Virginia.
CLOSED SESSION—The board met in a closed session for nearly 90 minutes. Kelly Mobley, a representative from the Ohio Association of Public School Employees, and staff member Marge Crowell were invited to attend a portion of the meeting.