In regard to the coming closing of the Morenci Recycle Center:
1. I would like to commend them on such a friendly well-kept facility.
2. I do not pay taxes for the privilege to use the facility. The local company that I personally bring recyclables from has contributed for years in materials that could be sold.
3. I am a little concerned that the losses published seem to be quite extreme.
4. Have you tried to bargain with the Werlor Company or Modern Waste for some of your losses?
5. Did anyone consider opening fewer hours or without a city employee there? Those of us who regularly use the service are capable of changing a box or operating the baler short of changing a bale. We dealt with that situation before Mrs. Schisler was hired.
6. Have you considered having volunteers from the area help out?
7. How about an organization taking it over for a fund-raiser/community service?
8. I am amazed how you accept that Modern Waste will always pull out the recyclables in the clear plastic bags at the landfill no matter what the condition.
9. Did you consider the people who come to use the center may buy gas, stop by one of the stores, etc.?
10. Thanks to Mr. Yenor for the vision of a recycle center. It was never meant to be a for-profit service. As I remember, it was to help with the one bag requirement.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
– Larry Lucas