Fayette sewer cleaning planned 2011.06.29
Soil borings taken throughout Fayette along with the mapping of current utility lines are helping the village engineering firm plan for upgrades to the sewer system.
The next step in the project is to clean several sewer lines and take a close look inside them via a video camera.
The truck from the Bowser Morner company that looked like a drilling rig finished taking soil borings last week and the Arcadis engineering firm has created a map showing existing lines.
Beginning July 6, Cam-Tech Industrial Services will begin cleaning certain sewer lines in the village before inspecting them.
Homes that don’t have proper sewer system venting could experience a burst of air in toilet bowls during the cleaning process.
The following statement was issued by Arcadis: “Residents who are unsure whether their house sanitary sewer plumbing system is properly vented should avoid use of their commodes and keep covers closed and secured when cleaning is occurring in front of their residence.”
All residents affected by the cleaning should expect to receive notification from the village.
Cleaning is scheduled along:
• Walnut Street;
• Mill Street and a small portion of S. Gorham Street south of Mill;
• Union Street between S. Gorham and S. Fayette Street;
• Water Street and the first block north of Ohio Street, plus a portion of Fayette Street south of Ohio;
• Main Street, from Lawrence Street to the east village limits;
• Spring Street, from Eagle to just beyond Ohio Street;
• N. Gorham and N. Cherry, from Spring Creek south to the alley.
A sewer line that parallels Spring Creek will also be cleaned.
A map of the cleaning project is available at the village office.
|< Prev||Next >|