Morenci Education Foundation mini-grants 11.03.2010
Morenci Education Foundation mini-grants were awarded to seven teachers last week, with more to be announced later.
The seven grants totaled $3,642. The foundation sponsors an annual Father’s Day golf tournament to build funds for the grant program.
• Art teacher Kym Ries was awarded $200 to support a community exhibition of student art in the “New York New York” show during Stair Public Library’s “Picturing New York…in a tiny Midwest town” program.
The money was used to purchase materials for art frames and plywood to create outdoor sculptures.
• Third grade teachers Chris Mansfield and Andi Rorick each received $420 to buy multimedia LCD projectors to present lessons from the internet.
• Third grade teacher Robin Borton received $1,016 to buy a document camera and digital projector. The equipment replaces the overhead projector and transparencies.
• First grade teacher Liz Jarrell received $86 to buy 75 phonics literacy cards to be used on a “magic board.”
• Physical education teacher Sandy Clark received $400 to buy 80 t-shirts for rewards in the “Moving Through the Months” cardio-respiratory endurance program.
• Music teacher Keith Filipek received $1,100 to replace old sound equipment used in musical productions and the all-school musical.
|< Prev||Next >|