A wide range of sporting events is scheduled Saturday, June 28, at Pettisville’s park.
The games are part of this summer’s fund raising festival for the park, located east of town on Fulton Co Rd D-E. Entry forms for the competitions are available online at www.FriendshipDays.org.
• Dodgeball—Friendship Days Dodgeball tourney will take place on the outside courts at the park starting at 11 a.m. Five-member teams compete for prizes in four age divisions. There’s only room for 12 teams in each division and teams must be registered by June 16. For more information, contact Dan Miller through the festival website.
• 5K Run—A 3.1-mile road race through Pettisville’s streets begins at 8 a.m. Times will be given at the one and two mile marks and water is available along the traffic controlled course. Post race refreshments are free to participants and awards will be presented by age group.
Mail-in entry forms and contact information are available at www.FriendshipDays.org. T-shirts are available for all 5K events but only if registered by June 18. Shirts won’t be available to race day entries. A noncompetitive fun walk and inline skate will also take place at 8 a.m. Saturday.
• Kid’s Run—A 1-mile race for students in grade 6 and under starts at 7:45 a.m. Like the 5K events, all participants need to attend the check-in between 7 and 7:30 at the park pavilion.
• Basketball—A half-court three on three basketball tournament starts at 9 a.m. indoors at the high school. Male and female teams grouped by age will compete in seven classes. Teams of up to four players should register by June 23. Team entry forms are posted on the festival website along with contact info.
• Cornhole Tournament—Two-member teams in either student or adult division start play at 3:30 p.m., playing for champion T-shirts and the grand prize of a custom cornhole game set. Download the mail-in entry forms at www.FriendshipDays.org. Return entry forms by June 18. Only 16 teams in each divsion will be accepted for the competition.
• Pedal Tractor Pull—The local FFA chapter will sponsor a pedal tractor pull for area youngsters. Starting at noon, kids will compete for trophies by age group. No advance registration is required.
• Hole-In-One—Adults compete for prizes in this “closest to the pin” golf competition. Both men’s and women’s divisions start at noon.
Pettisville is preparing for more than 1,000 area visitors at Friendship Days. Some of Fulton County’s finest cooks will serve pancakes, sausage and Blackbird Specials starting at 7:30 a.m. and a beef brisket dinner that evening. For the kids, there’s a full day of activity including a fishing derby, health and safety fair and inflatable games.