Fayette's priority list 01.12.11
By DAVID GREEN
Fayette’s village council members, along with the help of village employees and others, set priorities for the community last year.
Several of those items are now marked with updates for action this year.
• Baseball diamond #1: The lava rock warning track will be removed and grass planted.
• Swimming pool: Final closing and demolition was delayed until this year due to time constraints in 2010.
• Resurfacing basketball courts: If funding is available, resurfacing will be completed this year.
• Playground: The “spider dome” will be removed this year and playground equipment from the former Zone School will be installed.
• Long Term Control Plan (for sewage overflows): The project changed so that sanitary sewer lines will be replaced rather than storm water lines. Funding possibilities are being investigated.
• Spring clean-up: The fall clean-up was called a success and another clean-up is scheduled in May.
• Improve downtown appearance: Revisions to the zoning code are planned in 2011, along with adoption of a building code.
• Street repairs: No repairs are planned for 2011 due to a lack of funding.
• Sidewalk repair: With the first section of the village completed in 2010, the second section will be addressed this year.
• Repave Fulton Street: Currently planned for 2014.
• Existing efforts will continue. The Chamber of Commerce will be contacted to discuss efforts at attracting new businesses.
• Internal communication: An Action Item List will again be used in 2011, updated at the weekly staff meeting.
• Part-time employees: No new employees are expected to be hired in 2011, but free labor through the county youth program will be investigated.
• The tree commission will work on a five-year replacement plan.
• Research will continue on learning and understanding possible alternatives that might benefit the village.
• Committee of the Whole meetings will be continued in 2011 to promote council’s awareness of village finances.
|< Prev||Next >|