Cause of Rohr fire determined 9.02.09
A state fire investigator has determined the cause of the fatal Rohr family house fire that left two people dead in Morenci last month.
Morenci Chief of Police Larry Weeks learned from Michigan State Police fire investigator Ken Hersha that the blaze was ruled accidental and originated at the back of the clothes dryer.
Hersha noted that the aluminum exterior dryer vent showed evidence of lint buildup, although the flexible hose inside the house was completely burned.
Chief Weeks said that from his previous experience as a firefighter, lint buildup is generally found to be greater in flexible discharge hoses. He said that safety officials recommend a solid aluminum pipe because it lessens the opportunity for debris to collect.
The fire was reported shortly before 4 a.m. Aug. 5.
|< Prev||Next >|