Order books at home via MeL Cat 3.26
Order books from libraries across the state without leaving the comfort of your own home.
It’s possible now with MeLCat, the Michigan Electronic Library Catalog system.
“We’re beginning our participation with MeLCat,” said Stair Public Library director Elizabeth Stella, “and we can borrow books from many libraries in the state.”
Books, CDs, DVDs—any library materials available for loan can be accessed through the system.
“If patrons are in good standing at Stair Public Library, they can initiate their own borrowing,” Stella said.
She’s heard positive reports from libraries that have used the system.
“Patrons really like the freedom it gives them,” she said.
To peruse the shelves at Stair from a home computer, go to the library website at stairlib.org. Click on Stair catalog under “Links You’ll Like.” Look to see if a title is available or checked out.
How to use MelCat
1. Log into the Michigan Electronic Library at mel.org.
2. Locate MeL Catalog in the center of the page and click.
3. Use the quick search tool to locate the book you’re after.
4. When you see what you’re looking for, click on the “Get This For Me” button.
5. When asked “Which library card/account do you want to use?” choose Stair Public Library from the list, then click on “Submit above information.”
6. Enter your name and library card number and click on Submit.
7. When the book arrives in Morenci, you’ll receive a call from a library worker or an email notification.
|< Prev||Next >|