I agree with your editorial in the 9/22 Observer. Having the MHS class go onto the field at homecoming and form a tunnel for the team is a good idea. Other changes that might make sense:
• Students go onto field and form a funnel. Team goes through funnel, coming out one at a time.
• Students go onto field and form a box, with the team inside. Box opens, team comes out.
• Band members go onto field and pretend their instruments are animals that need to be fed and watered.
• Students and team go onto field and act out a loose dog scenario.
• A half-time song-and-dance about how Morenci has never had a tornado disaster. Invite audience to join in. Lots of spinning around involved in the dance.
– Dan Green