Someone decided to check up on the reporters from the now defunct Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Here’s what she found:
· Half have new full-time jobs, and just over 50% are working as journalists. The rest are in corporate or non-profit communications, business etc.
· Almost 25% percent have started their own full-time or part-time media ventures.
· Nine are studying at college.
· Seventeen (20%) are on unemployment benefit.
· One is a full-time parent and two are retired.
· Almost 60% of those who are employed say they are earning less than at the P-I.