Salon offers a round-up of various satirical actions, ranging from a proposal that declares every sperm to be sacred to physical and psychological exams needed in order to obtain a Viagra prescription.
Many women are also reporting in on their Congressman’s Facebook page. Since he has such an interest in their sexual well-being, they’re giving menstrual reports.
This approach isn’t new. A women’s history website lists this entry:
In 1915, Alice Duer Miller published this parody of the critics of woman suffrage efforts.
Why We Don’t Want Men to Vote
• Because man’s place is in the army.
• Because no really manly man wants to settle any question otherwise than by fighting about it.
• Because if men should adopt peaceable methods women will no longer look up to them.
• Because men will lose their charm if they step out of their natural sphere and interest themselves in other matters than feats of arms, uniforms, and drums.
• Because men are too emotional to vote. Their conduct at baseball games and political conventions shows this, while their innate tendency to appeal to force renders them unfit for government.