My By the Way column in this week’s print edition of the Observer is a reprint from 20 years ago when toilet paper was burned from trees in my yard following a papering incident. I received a response from that from a former Fayette resident who might prefer anonymity:
I always kept a small propane torch handy. Just ignite each strand at its lowest point and within seconds – gone!
The culprits were always disappointed because there was not a trace to be seen when they went by the next day to admire their handy work.